How to Qualify for a Green Card

Tuesday, November 29
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
Hynes, Level 2, The Hub Stage—Hall D

Brian H. Getson, Esq., Getson & Schatz
How to Qualify for a Green Card

Interested in getting a permanent Green Card to work in the United States?  Generally, a foreign national seeking permanent residence through employment must be sponsored by his or her employer, who must complete the PERM Labor Certification process before sponsoring the foreign national for an immigrant visa. 

From start to finish, the PERM process can take six months or longer. However, there are numerous routes to employment-based permanent residence that do not require PERM Labor Certification, thereby allowing foreign nationals and their employers to avoid this complicated process while also potentially significantly reducing wait time to obtain employment-based permanent residence.

This presentation will cover and compare the criteria for EB-1A classification for foreign nationals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, EB-1B classification for foreign nationals who are outstanding researchers and professors, and the National Interest Waiver (“NIW”) Category.

Also visit Getson & Schatz at the Career Fair in The Hub for a FREE evaluation of your resumé on Tuesday and Wednesday between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm. They will guide you on the steps you need to take to prepare for applying for your Green Card!

Getson & Schatz Logo