About Dan Button
A business leader with a unique blend of entrepreneurial success in start-ups and Fortune 500 companies [respectively E Ink (Prime View), Boston MicroSystems (Pall Corp), QD Vision, Innova Dynamics (TPK); DuPont, Corning, Rohm and Hass (Dow)], Dan Button has built exceptional teams and forged global partnerships with world-class companies to launch and grow industry-leading businesses.
High technology arenas, particularly in consumer electronics and renewable energy, define his experience:
- Solid state devices: Displays, imaging and lighting; Physical, chemical, and most recently, optical sensors for 3D-cameras; Batteries and photovoltaics
- Nanotechnology, MEMS and other advanced materials
- Printed and flexible electronics; Optical and opto-electronic film components.
Dan has repeatedly helped launch businesses and established materials-based products as cutting-edge industry standards to enable new—now ubiquitous—applications that continue to dominate their competitive industries, including:
- The world’s first under-the-hood electronics (Toyota)
- The world’s first, color LCD displays for laptops (Sharp)
- The world’s first, paper-like eReader devices (Sony, Amazon)
- The world’s best color LCD TVs (Sony)
During the course of his career, he has raised more than $100M to build successful businesses, with three M&A exits—two on his watch. He now serves as CEO of AIRY:3D, a computer vision company based in Montreal. You can connect with Dan at email@example.com.