Your cooperation is appreciated in keeping the meeting on schedule for the benefit of all attendees, so please note the following guidelines:
Authors must be prepared before presenting to allow fast and easy transition from one talk to another to avoid unnecessary delay between presentations. All talks are limited to the amount of time listed in the program which includes setup time to connect laptops or flash drives.
- Standard Audio Visual Package: LCD projector, screen, laser pointer and wireless lapel microphone. ONLY meeting rooms with seating capacity over 150 attendees will have aisle microphones for Q&A.
- Non-Standard Audio Visual Package: Requests for additional audio-visual equipment not included in the standard package must be submitted to your symposium organizer, who will present the request to MRS Accounting Manager Gopi Kalavar.
- Laptops: Authors are required to provide their own laptops, any power cords and any proprietary cords (adaptors). Also, your presentation should be backed up on a USB flash drive in case of unforeseen compatibility issues.
Connectors- An HDMI connection (recommended) and a VGA secondary connection cable from the computer to the LCD projector will be provided in each room, including the Speaker Ready Room.
- Adaptors – A selection of HDMI adaptors for the following connections will be available in each room, including the Speaker Ready Room. These adaptors allow for connection of a standard HDMI cable from the projector into these types of computer ports.
- Display Port (MAC)
- Speaker Ready Room: If you do not use the Speaker Ready room in advance, please test your presentation no later than the “break” immediately preceding your scheduled presentation. The break is defined as: the time before the first morning talk, during the morning break, during the 12:00-1:30 pm lunch break or during the afternoon break. Note: Only one presenter at a time will be connected to the LCD projector.
In order to be prepared for your presentation, a Speaker Ready Room is provided at the Hynes Convention Center, Level 3, outside Room 300 to help presenting authors give a smooth and trouble-free presentation. Testing your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room will minimize potential equipment compatibility issues.
Oral Presentation Times: Contributed presentations are scheduled for 15 minutes and invited speaker presentations are scheduled for 30 minutes (set up and Q&A are included within this timeframe). A presentation must not start late or extend past the scheduled end time.
- Audio Visual Assistance: Only minimal audio-visual assistance can be expected from your session chair or the symposium assistant. If a problem arises, please relay the issue to the symposium assistant, who will contact the appropriate personnel.
- Security: MRS is not responsible for the security of any personal equipment.
- MRS Recording Policy:
Recording of Presentations is Strictly Prohibited
No individual or entity—including a presenting author—may electronically record or broadcast any portion of the MRS Meeting without prior written consent of MRS. Unauthorized recording (audio, video, still photography, etc.) of presentations during sessions, posters, workshops, tutorials, etc., without the express written consent of MRS and individual authors is strictly prohibited. MRS reserves the rights to any approved audio and video production of presentations at all MRS events.
Press representatives must receive a Press Pass and photo/recording permission from MRS.
Those who do not comply with the MRS recording policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Attendees or exhibitors are encouraged to network and enjoy the meeting experience. As such, capturing memories of casual meeting activities and networking is permitted with the permission of those being prominently photographed. Photographing formal meeting presentations, posters, or displays is forbidden without permission of MRS and the presenter.
Those who do not comply with the MRS photo policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Videos and Photos for MRS Use
MRS Meeting attendance implies your consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for use on the MRS website or news publications. Please note that no technical presentations will be recorded without prior consent of MRS and the authors.