MRS University Chapter Special Projects
Are you looking for an activity to generate student interest and membership in your MRS University Chapter? Do you have a cool idea for a Chapter activity, or guest speaker, but lack the funds to make it happen? If you answered yes to any of these questions, consider the MRS University Chapter Special Projects program—where funding is dedicated to supporting projects proposed by our University Chapters.
Eligibility: Must be a current, active MRS University Chapter in good standing
Funding Amount: $250 - $1000 per project
Evaluation Criteria: The goal is to support as broad a variety of projects as possible. To that end, proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Project is a new initiative and not a continuation or expansion of a present activity
- Project is clearly initiated by students and addresses a well-defined need
- Measurable outcomes/deliverables are clearly stated
- Timeline and plan for successful completion are clear and realistic
- Funding request and proposed budget are reasonable
- Deliverables potentially useful to other University Chapters or to MRS in general
Evaluation Process: Reviewed and approved by the MRS Academic Affairs Committee, University Chapters Subcommittee
Proposal Deadline: 5 p.m. (ET), December 15 of each year
Grants Announced: By early February of the following year
For more information on MRS University Chapter Special Projects and/or how to submit a proposal, visit www.mrs.org/chapter-special-projects or contact Lorri Smiley.