August 19-24, 2018
The Sociedad Mexicana de Materiales (SMM) and the Materials Research Society (MRS), on behalf of the 2018 IMRC Meeting Chairs, invite you to propose ideas for potential symposia. Please submit your proposals through the website by March 3, 2017.
Submit a Proposal
SMM and MRS are excited to be working together on the organization of the IMRC, held annually in Cancún, México. The XXVII IMRC is scheduled for August 19-24, 2018.
The IMRC currently offers a range of symposium topics of interest to the materials research community at large. It has become a popular conference destination with about 1,700 attendees from nearly 40 countries in 2016. In keeping with our partnership to grow this global meeting, we solicit your ideas for potential symposium topics.
For the 2018 IMRC, the Chairs would like to emphasize the following themes:
- Dynamic, functional, and multifunctional materials
- Materials for energy conversion, storage and harvesting
- 2D materials (synthesis, spectroscopy, defects)
- Hybrid materials, bioinspired materials, and soft matter
- Development of new characterization, modeling, data analytics and design methods
Proposals should include:
- Topical focus
- Any comments that you deem relevant about the topic’s importance to the materials research community
- Names and affiliations of proposed organizers who have agreed to co-organize should the proposal be accepted
- Short explanation of why each co-organizer is qualified to organize the symposium, or what particular expertise he/she adds to the team
- Possible interest in including a tutorial as a part of the symposium
Please note that if a symposium has been offered at a previous IMRC, it is expected that the description of the symposium is updated to reflect the progress in this area. Symposium organizers should complement each other in the areas of expertise, and if possible represent different regions of the world, preferably including an institution from Mexico or a Latin American country.
If you have questions about preparing a proposal, please contact any of the IMRC Chairs or send an email to email@example.com.
Your input is extremely important to help enhance the breadth and topicality of the IMRC Meeting. If the Meeting Chairs decide to pursue your proposal, we will contact you with a request for any proposal modifications deemed necessary.