Internship & Scholarship Opportunities
This page contains a list of links to internships and scholarships available within the field of materials research.
Comments or suggestions for inclusion of additional opportunities can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back To Top
- Renewable Energy Materials Research at Colorado School of Mines
The Renewable Energy Materials Research Science and Engineering Center invites exceptional undergraduate math, science, and engineering students to participate in a ten-week summer research program addressing fundamental materials issues related to the science and technology of renewable energy.
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)
- US DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
The Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF) is a program funded by the Department of Energy’s Office of Science and National Nuclear Security Administration. Now entering its 15th year, the DOE CSGF trains scientists to meet the nation’s workforce needs and helps to create a nationwide interdisciplinary community.
- Bernard S. Baker Student Award for Fuel Cell Research
To encourage and recognize exceptional students in the field of fuel cell related technologies.
- National Nuclear Security Administration Stewardship
Science Graduate Fellowship (SSGF) Program
The SSGF Program provides outstanding benefits and opportunities to students pursuing a Ph.D. in areas of interest to stewardship science, such as high-energy-density physics, low-energy nuclear science, or properties of materials under extreme conditions. Fellows also participate in research at a DOE laboratory.
- East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes for U.S. Graduate Students (EAPSI)
National Science Foundation
- Internships - American Nuclear Society Internships
AAAS sponsors these programs to provide the opportunity for accomplished and societally-aware scientists and engineers to learn more about the public policy-making process of the federal government.
- Internships - Geological Society of America "GeoCorps America" Program
All levels of geoscience professionals, retirees, and college students are eligible. Positions available in a variety of geoscience fields.
- Internships - Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Student Internships
A handy, quick guide for students who are seeking research experience opportunities at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Internships - Sandia National Laboratory Student Internships
Undergraduate, Graduate, High School, Co-op Internships and more
- Internships - NIST Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF)
All seven of the NIST laboratories in Gaiithersburg, MD participate in the SURF program: Building and Fire Research, Chemical Science and Technology, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Physics.
- Scholarships - American Nuclear Society Scholarships
View a number of scholarships available from ANS
- Scholarships - Crystallography Scholarships
The Ludo Frevel Crystallographic Scholarship is an award to support the education and research program of promising graduate students in crystallography-related fields.
- SMART (Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation) Scholarship for Service Program
The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories.