MRS Member Benefits
MRS is a growing, vibrant, member-driven organization focused on broadening the impact of materials science and improving the quality of life. Our members are research professionals from industry, academia and government from around the world, and they choose MRS because it is important to their work and careers.
Dedicated to excellence and welcoming of diversity, MRS activities and programs are open to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual preference or national origin.
Download our complete MRS Member Benefits and Society Activities guide.
Join or renew your membership in MRS today and enjoy these valuable benefits:
- FREE access to the newly-published MRS Energy & Sustainability—A Review Journal, an online journal focused on key topics in materials research and development as they relate to energy and sustainability
- FREE subscription to the online “letters and prospectives” journal, MRS Communications
- FREE subscription to MRS Bulletin in both print and electronic formats; electronic version includes full-text access to articles from the journal's inception to the current issue
- FREE access to the MRS Online Proceedings Library (OPL), which now includes over 100,000 proceedings papers
- Discounted subscription rate to Journal of Materials Research (JMR) including new online-only option; all subscriptions include electronic access to full-text articles from January 1986 to the current issue
- Substantial savings on MRS books and proceedings volumes
- FREE listing in, and access to, the online MRS Member Directory
- First-to-know status for MRS meeting programs and calls for papers
- Discounted registration rates for MRS meetings and workshops
- Career placement services at MRS meetings and through the MRS Bulletin
- Student involvement in MRS University Chapter activities
- Regional forums for interaction through MRS Sections
- MRS Awards Program, acknowledging outstanding professional contributions made by you and your colleagues
- Publishing venues including MRS Bulletin, JMR, OPL and MRS Communications
- MRS committee volunteer opportunities
- Public outreach and education opportunities, including Strange Matter, Women in Materials Science & Engineering and more.
In addition, MRS is expanding its professional development portfolio to better meet your career needs and to better serve the materials research community. These efforts include:
- Advocating for increased and sustained funding for the physical sciences
- Fostering outreach and science education for policy leader and the general public
- Promoting diversity and including in the scientific workforce
- Introducing prestigious new awards
- Collaborating with international partners on bilateral projects.
By joining or renewing your membership in MRS, you add your voice to those of more than 16,000 others who support these efforts and believe in the MRS mission of advancing interdisciplinary materials research to improve the quality of life. Please join or renew today.
Back To Top