Thank you for offering to be a session chair. Your role as a session chair is to ensure that:
- The session environment is free of distractions
- The equipment for speaker support (lighting, audio-visual equipment and microphones) is satisfactory
- The presentations follow the scheduled program
- At the beginning of your session:
a. Make any general announcements, including any known program changes
b. Announce: Taking photographs during the technical sessions is not permitted.
- As a courtesy to attendees and other speakers, interrupt the speaker if he/she is not finished at the end of his/her time. It is important to maintain published program times in order to facilitate attendee scheduling.
- If your meeting room has people standing, there may be available seats throughout the room. Please ask attendees to move over to enable seating access by others. Then ask those standing to come forward to take a seat. Remember: it’s normal for all sessions to experience standing-room crowds at times; staff will intervene as possible if such overcrowding persists throughout the day.
- If you have a “no show,” do not rearrange the schedule of presentations. Use the open time slot for discussion or review.
Program Change Procedures
Post any last-minute changes to the session sheet on the sign at the entrance to your symposium.
Thanks for your help! It is very much appreciated.