The following special events were held at the 2011 MRS Spring Meeting.
Back To Top
- Mastering Science Presentations Instructional Seminar
- Technical Poster Design Seminar
- Acta Materialia Gold Medal Forum: Frontiers in Thin-Film Epitaxy and Nanostructured Materials
The forum addressed critical issues related to synthesis and processing, defects and interfaces, atomic and nanoscale characterization, structure-property correlations, and modeling of nanostructured materials.
- 8 Tutorial Sessions
These 8 sessions covered a variety of topics to complement the scientific sessions.
- Fred Kavli Distinguished Lectureship in Nanoscience
- Student Mixer
- MRS Late Show
(Special Showing of the NOVA Series "Making Stuff")
- Public Outreach Center
- Graduate Student Awards
- Outstanding Young Investigator Award
Dmitri V. Talapin, University of Chicago
- Crafting Successful Broader Impacts Plans for NSF Proposals
- ABET Re-Training Session
- Women in Materials Science & Engineering Breakfast
Fiona M. Doyle, University of California, Berkeley
- Technology Innovation Forum
Transitioning Materials for New Markets: Future Power and Energy Needs
- University Chapter Representatives
- Plenary Session/Awards Ceremony
Yet Ming Chiang, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Innovations in Materials Characterization Award
Tye T Gribb, DTE Research & Design LLC, Thomas F. Kelly and David J. Larson, Cameca Instruments, Inc.
- Science as Art Competition
- Symposium X: Frontiers of Materials Research
Lunchtime lectures aimed at a broad audience with an overview of leading-edge topics