Your cooperation is appreciated in keeping the meeting on schedule for the benefit of all attendees, so please note the following guidelines:
- Standard Audio Visual Package: LCD projector, screen, laser pointer and wireless lapel microphone. ONLY meeting rooms with seating capacity over 150 attendees will have aisle microphones for Q&A.
- Non-Standard Audio Visual Package: Requests for additional audio-visual equipment not included in the standard package must be submitted to your symposium organizer, who will present the request to MRS Accounting Manager Gopi Kalavar.
- Laptop: Authors are required to provide their own laptops, any power cords and any proprietary cords (adaptors). Also, your presentation should be backed up on a flash drive in case of unforeseen compatibility issues.
- Speaker Preparation: Authors must be prepared before presenting to allow fast and easy transition from one talk to another in order to avoid unnecessary delay between presentations. Authors should test/connect their laptops to the LCD projector no later than the “break” immediately preceding their scheduled presentation. The break is defined as the time before the first morning talk, during the morning coffee break, during the 12:00-1:30 p.m. lunch break or during the afternoon break. A standard HDMI connection from the computer to the LCD projector will be provided by MRS. If your computer requires an adaptor in order to connect to the standard HDMI input, you must bring that adaptor with you (MRS does not provide adaptors). Note: Only one presenter at a time will be connected to the LCD projector. All talks are limited to the amount of time listed in the program which includes time to set up.
- Speaker Ready Room: In order to be prepared for your presentation, a Speaker Ready Room is provided in the Phoenix Convention Center (location TBD) to help presenting authors give a smooth and trouble-free presentation. Testing your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room will minimize potential equipment compatibility issues.
- Presentation Times: Contributed presentations are scheduled for 15 minutes; most invited speakers are scheduled for 30 minutes. Published presentation times must be maintained because attendees base their itineraries on the program schedule. Talks must not start late or extend past their scheduled conclusion because of equipment setup or associated troubleshooting.
- Audio Visual Assistance: Only minimal audio-visual assistance can be expected from your session chair or the symposium assistant. If a problem arises, please relay the issue to the symposium assistant, who will contact the appropriate personnel.
- Security: MRS is not responsible for the security of any personal equipment.
- Recording/Photo Policy:
Recording of Presentations is Strictly Prohibited
No individual or entity—including a presenting author—may electronically record or broadcast any portion of the MRS Meeting without prior written consent of MRS. Unauthorized recording (audio, video, still photography, etc.) of presentations during sessions, posters, workshops, tutorials, etc., without the express written consent of MRS and individual authors is strictly prohibited.
MRS reserves the rights to any approved audio and video production of presentations at all MRS events.
Press representatives must receive a Press Pass and photo/recording permission from MRS.
Those who do not comply with the MRS recording policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Attendees or exhibitors are encouraged to network and enjoy the meeting experience. As such, capturing memories of casual meeting activities and networking is permitted with the permission of those being prominently photographed. Photographing formal meeting presentations, posters or displays is forbidden without permission of MRS and the presenter.
Those who do not comply with the MRS photo policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Videos and Photos for MRS Use
MRS Meeting attendance implies your consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for use on the MRS website or news publications. Please note that no technical presentations will be recorded without prior consent of MRS and the authors.