- Please pick up your meeting badge at MRS Registration. An MRS Meeting badge is required for poster check-in.
- Check-in at the POSTER DESK the day of your presentation. The presenter must be an author of the poster and a registered attendee. Any posters not verified at the check-in desk prior to posting will be removed from the session.
- Each presentation will be assigned a space and will be labeled with the number of the paper (e.g. M5.18) and the presenting author’s name. MRS standard poster board dimensions are:
- U.S. Format—46.5 inches (width) x 46.5 inches (height)
- European Format—118.11 cm (width) x 118.11 cm (height)
- The poster boards will accept pushpins which will be available in the poster hall. Please return the pins at the end of your poster session.
- Display your material in large print so it may be read from a distance. Print TITLE and AUTHORS in extra-large print across the top of your display.
Poster Session Schedule
- Authors check in and display papers (poster presenters only)
9:00 am—5:00 pm
- Symposium organizers review (judges only)
5:00 pm—6:30 pm
- Meeting chairs review (judges only)
6:30 pm—8:00 pm
- Poster session attendee viewing (all registered attendees)
8:00 pm—10:00 pm
- Best Poster Award Winners Announcement (all registered attendees)
Best Poster Awards
Poster sessions are an important and integral part of MRS meetings, allowing many more authors the opportunity to share their research and ideas with others.
The quality of the poster sessions is a major priority of the Society. The Meeting Chairs will recognize the best presentations from each of the poster sessions. One or more awards of up to $500 will be presented by the Chairs. The Meeting Chairs will select the winners on the basis of the poster's technical content, appearance, graphic excellence, and presentation quality (not necessarily equally weighted). Poster award winners must be present during Winners Announcement time to be eligible for a Best Poster Award. The Best Posters will remain on display in a central location outside the poster room for the remainder of the meeting.
MRS Recording/Photo Policy
Recording of Presentations is Strictly Prohibited
No individual or entity-including a presenting author-may electronically record or broadcast any portion of the MRS Meeting without prior written consent of MRS. Unauthorized recording (audio, video, still photography, etc.) of presentations during sessions, posters, workshops, tutorials, etc., without the express written consent of MRS and individual authors is strictly prohibited. MRS reserves the rights to any approved audio and video production of presentations at all MRS events.
Press representatives must receive a Press Pass and photo/recording permission from MRS.
Those who do not comply with the MRS recording policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Attendees or exhibitors are encouraged to network and enjoy the meeting experience. As such, capturing memories of casual meeting activities and networking is permitted with the permission of those being prominently photographed. Photographing formal meeting presentations, posters, or displays is forbidden without permission of MRS and the presenter.
Those who do not comply with the MRS photo policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Videos and Photos for MRS Use
MRS Meeting attendance implies your consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for use on the MRS website or news publications. Please note that no technical presentations will be recorded without prior consent of MRS and the authors.