The Materials Research Society has a limited number of funds for invited speakers from developing countries who are planning to attend the 2018 MRS Spring Meeting & Exhibit. Recipients will receive a reimbursement of $1,000 for travel support along with their Meeting registration, inclusive of one-year electronic MRS membership.
Funding will be provided to researchers from a low income or lower-middle income country as per the World Bank list. Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis within these parameters.
Deadline: March 23, 2018
- Researcher must be a citizen and current resident of a low income or lower-middle income country as per the World Bank list.
- Researcher must be an invited speaker in an MRS Symposium, as confirmed by the MRS Symposium Organizer or Meeting Chair.
- 2018 MRS Spring Meeting Chairs will review applications.
- Up to seven invited speakers will be supported per meeting.
- Recipients will be notified upon approval of their application.
- For candidates selected before March 16, 2018, a reimbursement check will be available for pick-up at the On-Site Registration Desk in the Phoenix Convention Center during the Meeting week. Please see Gopi Kalavar, Accounting Manager.
- For candidates selected after March 16, 2018, a reimbursement check will be mailed to their address on record at MRS.