A Premiere Event for Connecting Job Seekers and Recruiters!
Don’t miss the 2018 MRS Fall Meeting Career Fair, to be held Tuesday and Wednesday. As an extension of MRS’s online Job Board, the Career Fair will provide an opportunity for Meeting participants and top employers to discuss career opportunities.
The Career Fair will feature:
Whether you're looking for a new job or planning the next step in your career path, the MRS Career Fair is a rich resource for exciting career opportunities. Visit recruitment booths to discuss your qualifications directly with recruiters for a potential interview. Register online and upload your resume from your own laptop at jobs.mrs.org
or stop by the Career Fair to access our registration stations. Don't forget to bring extra copies of your resume!
The Career Fair is FREE of charge to MRS Members!
MRS journal editors offer one-on-one critiques with authors on writing effective abstracts and crafting winning titles.
Do you want your abstract to stand out among the 100s submitted to your favorite journal? Do you want influential researchers to see your work? Editors and reviewers act more quickly when your research stands out in a well-written abstract. Who better to guide you than the editors who manage the review? MRS will have Editors from MRS journals on hand at the Career Fair to:
- Critique your journal article abstract and title
- Give you pointers on making sure your research stands out in your abstract
- Answer your questions about how to best approach abstract writing and crafting a title
Sign up online before the Meeting or onsite at the Career Fair.
Resume Critiques, Mock Interviews, Professional Photos
Does your resume need a little sprucing up? Have you ever walked away from a job interview wondering what you could or should have done differently? Are you at a crossroads in your academic or professional career and seeking advice on how to figure out what to do next? MRS is here to help!
MRS will have professionals on hand at the Career Fair to:
- assist with recommendations on improving your resume to land the job interview you want
- conduct mock interviews and provide constructive feedback to help you better "sell" yourself
- serve as a sounding board and provide guidance on getting from point A to point B (and beyond!)
- have your photo taken professionally
Time slots are limited. Advance sign-up at the Career Fair Service Desk is required.
- Applied Materials, Inc.
- Getson & Schatz, P. C.
- IBS Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology
- LAM Research Corporation
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Nanjing University
- Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Shanghai University
- Southern University of Science and Technology
- UES, Inc.
- View, Inc.
- Zhejiang University
- Zurich Instruments AG
Looking to recruit talent?
The MRS Career Fair is a great way to recruit qualified candidates from a wide range of materials-related fields at various career stages. Stop by and learn how to post your job announcements on our online Job Board.