Division of Materials Research (DMR)
DMR supports experimental and theoretical research, their interplay with each other and with data, over a broad range of subfields. These include condensed matter physics, solid state and materials chemistry, electronic and photonic materials, metals and metallic nanostructures, ceramics and biomaterials.
Informational materials will be available at the booth about the National Science Foundation (NSF), funding opportunities, how to write a successful proposal, diversity and sustainability. Stop by the booth and learn more from NSF representatives Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
DMR will have an enhanced presence during the 2019 MRS Fall Meeting and is hosting a “Meet DMR Program Directors” Speed Coaching event. Program Directors will be available for a one-on-one conversation in 15-minute time slots on Tuesday and Wednesday between 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm.
Conversation topics include all aspects of DMR, funding, future program ideas, program relevance, etc. Register Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9:30 am to 11:30 am for an afternoon appointment at the NSF/DMR Booth in the Public Outreach Center. Scheduling will be arranged on a first come, first serve basis.
DMR Programs Participating in Speed Coaching
- Condensed Matter Physics (CMP)
- Designing Materials to Revolutionize and Engineer our Future (DMREF)
- Electronic and Photonic Materials (EPM)
- Metals and Metallic Nanostructures (MMN)
- National Facilities and Instrumentation (NAFI)
- Partnerships for Research and Education in Materials (PREM)
- Solid State and Materials Chemistry (SSMC)