August 19-24, 2018
SMM and MRS are excited to be working together on the organization of the IMRC, held annually in Cancún, México. The XXVII IMRC is scheduled for August 19-24, 2018.
The IMRC currently offers a range of symposium topics of interest to the materials research community at large. It has become a popular conference destination with about 1,700 attendees from nearly 40 countries in 2016.
For the 2018 IMRC, the Chairs would like to emphasize the following themes:
- Dynamic, functional, and multifunctional materials
- Materials for energy conversion, storage and harvesting
- 2D materials (synthesis, spectroscopy, defects)
- Hybrid materials, bioinspired materials, and soft matter
- Development of new characterization, modeling, data analytics and design methods