The Sociedad Mexicana de Materiales (SMM) and the Materials Research Society, on behalf of the 2020 IMRC Meeting Chairs, invite you to propose ideas for potential symposia.
Submit a Proposal
Deadline April 12, 2019
The IMRC currently offers a range of symposium topics of interest to the materials research community at large. It has become a popular conference destination with about 1,700 attendees from more than 40 countries in 2018.
In keeping with our partnership to grow this global meeting, we solicit your ideas for potential symposium topics.
- Materials in environmental science
- Metamaterials (acoustic, electromagnetic and thermal)
- Quantum materials - including topology and 2D materials
- Soft materials for biomedical applications
- Hybrid organic/Inorganic materials
Proposals Should Include
- Topical focus
- Any comments that you deem relevant about the topic’s importance to the materials research community
- Names and affiliations of proposed organizers who have agreed to co-organize should the proposal be accepted
- Short explanation of why each co-organizer is qualified to organize the symposium, or what particular expertise he/she adds to the team
- Possible interest in including a tutorial as a part of the symposium
Please note that if a symposium has been offered at a previous IMRC, it is expected that the description of the symposium is updated to reflect the progress in this area.
Symposium organizers should complement each other in the areas of expertise, and if possible represent different regions of the world, preferably including an institution from Mexico or a Latin American country.
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Chemistry, Germany
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA
Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí, México
Raúl Esquivel Sirvent
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México