The Science as Art Virtual Competition is open to all registered 2020 MRS Fall Meeting attendees. Finalists' entries will be on display on the MRS website. Multiple first-place and second-place awards of $400 and $200, respectively, will be presented to the winning entries at the Meeting.
- You must be a registered attendee of the 2020 Virtual MRS Spring/Fall Meeting to participate.
- Submissions are limited to one image per contestant and should complement the "science" component of the meeting. Multiple submissions by a single contestant will be disqualified.
- Images may be obtained by any material imaging technique. They can also be the result of modeling and simulation, or can be obtained by combining multiple images into one artistic image. Because the focus is on art, the aesthetic rather than scientific quality of the image is the key element in the competition. Nevertheless, the images must have some connection to materials science.
- All images are to be submitted using the form below as a high resolution JPG file of at least 300 DPI (10MB maximum size) on or before 11:59 p.m. (EST), October 23, 2020.
The Meeting Chairs will select a group of finalists from these submissions and will notify all entrants of their status by November 2, 2020.
- Format: All submitted images must include a title, short description of the technique used, the object that was imaged and any special conditions.
- Voting: The meeting attendees will independently determine first and second place selections via the MRS website. First-place Science as Art works will be awarded $400 prizes by the Chairs. Second-place prizes of $200 each will also be awarded. Each entry is eligible for only one prize.
Please contact email@example.com
with any questions regarding your submission.
You must be logged in to submit to the Science as Art competition. Log in »
Attach Your Image
Please attach your image as a JPG file of at least 300 DPI (10MB maximum size).
Upon submission, this page will refresh. You will receive an email from the Materials Research Society confirming your submission.