The Materials Research Society is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all 2021 MRS Fall Meeting participants. We are working with the Hynes Convention Center and Sheraton Boston Hotel on implementing preventive measures to reduce
the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our decisions and preventive measures will be guided by the requirements and recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and federal, state and local health authorities.
Per the City of Boston and the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, MRS will require masks to be worn by all attendees throughout the duration of the 2021 MRS Fall Meeting regardless of vaccination status.
Preventive measures are evolving and will be continuously updated as the meeting draws near. We know that mandates will almost certainly change again by the time we convene in November. Our team is evaluating a variety of protocols to enhance our guidelines. These
may include, among others:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test (note: please monitor the CDC order requiring negative
test results for travelers arriving in the United States)
- Enhanced sanitization of meeting and exhibit spaces
- Masking and social distancing
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the meeting and exhibit spaces
Please monitor MRS email communications and check this web page for details on preventive measures being implemented prior to traveling to the 2021 MRS Fall Meeting. If you are not already receiving email updates from MRS about the Meeting, please update your communication preferences.
The responsibility for a safe and healthy event environment (Duty of Care) is shared by every participant. All 2021 MRS Fall Meeting participants are expected to adhere to and abide by health and safety precautions implemented for the meeting as well as other government and facility regulations (see
https://www.mrs.org/compliance-reminder). As part of your Duty of Care responsibilities, you should not attend the 2021 MRS Fall Meeting in person if you:
- are not fully vaccinated (two weeks after the last required shot per CDC guidance)
- are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior, have experienced signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by the health care team responsible for your treatment.
Please note that by checking the MRS Policies box during the registration process, you agree to adhere to the precautions and policies contained herein and acknowledge and understand that you are knowingly and freely assuming all risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, by attending this event. You understand that refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from the event and cancellation of the registration, without receiving a refund.
*All MRS policies, including those contained herein, are subject to change.