Submit an Abstract
Deadline June 22, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT
The 2021 MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit is a hybrid event to be held in person in Boston, Massachusetts, and online, November 28-December 3. The Meeting showcases cutting-edge materials research across fields.
Elevate your work by presenting to an interdisciplinary audience of researchers, scientists, and engineers from around the world!
We encourage you to submit an abstract if your ability to travel is not yet known. When submitting your abstract, you will be able to select your presentation preference: in-person, virtual or undecided.
Submission Site Opens: May 14, 2021, 8:00 EDT
Submission Deadline: June 22, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT
Confirmation emails will be sent in mid-August.
Submitting abstracts via the MRS online system is easy and convenient. Once the submission site opens, click Submit an Abstract. Next, you will be asked to Log In or Create a New Account. If you have previously submitted an abstract, attended a meeting or are an MRS member, you probably already have an account. Note that you are not required to be an MRS member in order to submit an abstract.
After logging in, you'll be redirected to the submission site where you will find step-by-step instructions. You will need to have the following information in order to complete your submission:
- Your name, email address and affiliation, including city and country
- Your abstract title and body (no more than 4,000 characters, including spaces. No images, graphics or charts are accepted.).
- The title of the symposium session you wish to submit to (consult the Call for Papers).
- Whether you prefer an oral or poster presentation. Note that this is a preference; the organizers have the final say as to where an abstract is placed.
- Co-author information, including name and email address
Submissions are completed in four easy steps:
- On the TITLE/BODY page, enter your title and abstract.
- On the PROPERTIES page, choose your preference for presentation type, choose your symposium, choose up to three keywords, and answer the attendance preference question.
- On the AUTHORS page, enter your co-authors and contact information.
- On the REVIEW & SUBMIT page, verify that the information submitted is correct. Any required information that is not completed will appear in red. If that happens, return to the proper page and enter the required information. You can also print a proof of your abstract on this page. When all is complete, click the SUBMIT button or the abstract will remain in draft form and will not be reviewed.
The same abstract can only be submitted once. Duplicates will be removed.
Note that the organizers are instructed to forward abstracts they feel would be a better fit for a different symposium.
Please contact the Meetings Department if you have any questions.