MRS and ACerS held a two-day Potential and Challenges of Bioceramics Virtual Workshop on April 7 and 8. This workshop brought together experts in the field from academia, industry and clinical backgrounds to share their discoveries and insights in medical applications of bioceramics.
Attendees learned about:
- Current challenges in bioceramics
- Lifecycle of bioceramics from synthesis to clinical translation
- Development of next-generation bioceramic materials
- Fundamentals of bioceramics synthesis
- Clinical application-oriented requirements
The workshop consisted of seven talks and a moderated panel discussion.