COVID Statement and Duty of Care
The 23rd International Conference on Solid State Ionics is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all SSI-23 participants. We are working with the Boston Park Plaza on implementing preventive measures to reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our decisions and preventive measures are guided by the requirements and recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and federal, state and local health authorities.
Preventive measures are evolving and will be continuously updated as the meeting draws near. We know that mandates will almost certainly change again by the time we convene in July. Our team is evaluating a variety of protocols to enhance our guidelines, which may include, among others:
- Proof of negative COVID-19 test (note: please monitor the CDC order requiring negative test results for travelers arriving in the United States)
- Mandatory face covering (note: even in the absence of a government mandate, every attendee has the right to wear a face covering based upon personal preference)
- Enhanced sanitization of meeting and exhibit spaces
- Social distancing
Please monitor email communications and check the SSI-23 website for details on preventive measures being implemented prior to traveling to the 23rd International Conference on Solid State Ionics. If you are not already receiving email updates from MRS about the Meeting, please update your communication preferences. We also recommend that you consult your airline for requirements prior to commencing travel to Boston.
The responsibility for a safe and healthy event environment (Duty of Care) is shared by every participant. All International Conference on Solid State Ionics participants are expected to adhere to and abide by health and safety precautions implemented for the meeting as well as other government and facility regulations (see mrs.org/compliance-reminder). As part of your Duty of Care responsibilities, you should not attend the 23rd International Conference on Solid State Ionics in person if you:
- Are not fully vaccinated (two weeks after the last required shot per CDC guidance)
- Are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior, have experienced signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by the health care team responsible for your treatment