MRS Mission, Vision and Values
The Materials Research Society (MRS) is an organization of materials researchers from academia, industry, and government that promotes communication for the advancement of interdisciplinary materials research to improve the quality of life.
The Materials Research Society will build a dynamic, interactive, global community of materials researchers to advance technical excellence by providing a framework in which the materials disciplines can convene, collaborate, integrate and advocate.
Back To Top
MRS CORE VALUES
- Technical excellence
- Visionary and dynamic
- Broadly inclusive and egalitarian
MRS DERIVED VALUES
- Preserve equality of membership; Maintain a diverse membership that encompasses students and professionals from academia, industry, and
- Encourage an active globally-diverse membership;
- Offer programs, products and services that help our members build their professional identity worldwide.
- Provide effective and rewarding member engagement and volunteering opportunities
- Provide high quality meetings that encourage networking and scientific exchange;
- Facilitate meetings that are interdisciplinary and highlight cutting-edge topics in materials research and technology.
Dissemination of Information
- Take a leadership role in dissemination of information on materials science and technology to the public and to governments;
- Provide archival literature in the field of materials research and technology;
- Advocate for materials sciences.
- Encourage a professional, cooperative, and dedicated headquarters staff;
- Be a preferred employer;
- Support creative, active, responsible and dedicated volunteers;
- Maintain a sound financial footing;
- Lead through collaboration, including work with other societies and organizations.