July 01, 2013
Nomination Period for 2014 MRS Fellows Begins
October 01, 2013
Nomination Period for 2014 MRS Fellows Ends
MRS seeks to recognize as MRS Fellows outstanding members whose sustained and distinguished contributions to the advancement of materials research are internationally recognized. It is intended that by representing excellence in science and engineering and dedication to the advancement of materials research, the MRS Fellows will exemplify the highest ideals of accomplishment and service embodied in the MRS Mission.
Fellowship selection is managed by the MRS Fellow Subcommittee of the MRS Awards Committee. This Subcommittee is responsible for evaluating nominations annually and recommending the successful nominees to the MRS Board for final approval. The appointments of newly selected Fellows will be announced during January or February of each year, and new Fellows will be honored during the MRS Spring Meeting.
MRS Fellows Program
- The number of new Fellows selected each year will be capped at 0.2% of the current total MRS membership.
- MRS Fellow is a lifetime appointment. It is hoped that Fellows will choose to maintain their continuing membership in good standing.
- MRS Fellows may be invited to participate, from time to time, in special Fellows Receptions and in projects that call upon their advisory input on important issues of concern for the Society.
- The names of MRS Fellows will be listed on the MRS website at www.mrs.org/current-mrs-fellows. With the Fellow's permission, other information may also be included, such as photo, citation, brief biography, affiliation and contact information.
- Each new MRS Fellow will be presented with a certificate of such recognition.
- In extraordinary circumstances, the honor may be withdrawn for cause.
Nominations for MRS Fellow will be accepted annually from July 1 through October 1. Rules and eligibility, nomination package requirements and more are available here.
Back To Top