MRS Diversifying Materials Special Interest Groups (SIGs) – Do you have an idea for a Special Project or activity to support your community within MRS, but need a little funding boost to make it happen? See below for information on how to apply
for funding to support your project.
Examples of possible projects or activities include:
- Networking event
- Panel Discussion (virtual or in-person)
- Flash/lightning talks
- Other creative ideas!
Eligibility: Must be a current and active MRS Special Interest Group
Funding Amount: Up to $1,500 per project*
*If multiple SIGs are proposing a joint event, funding requests may be “pooled” to request more than $1,500
Evaluation Criteria: The goal is to support as broad a variety of projects as possible. To that end, proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Project is a new initiative
- Project is clearly initiated by a MRS Diversifying Materials SIGs to address a well-defined need, with preference, where practical, to projects that meet needs of multiple SIGs
- Projects utilize MRS meetings, virtual programs, and/or publications to broadly engage and serve MRS members.
- Measurable outcomes/deliverables are clearly stated
- Timeline and plan for successful completion are clear and realistic
- Funding request, proposed budget, and staff effort (if required) are reasonable
Evaluation Process: Reviewed and approved by the Career Advancement Committee Chair and their appointees
Proposal Deadline: 11:59 pm EST, February 20, 2023 for projects slated to occur in 2023. Please note the deadline has passed for projects slated to occur at the 2023 MRS Spring Meeting & Exhibit.
Funding Decision Notification: March 1, 2023
Please submit your proposal by the deadline according to instructions on this template.
Questions? Contact us here »