Design and Construction of Nanostructured Photoactive Materials for Solar Fuel Conversion and Environmental Remediation
Efficient utilization of solar energy via innovative materials technology is expected to lead to a fundamental solution to the problems of energy shortage and environmental pollutions. Especially, design and construction of new nanostructured photoactive materials for chemical conversion and environmental remediation using earth-abundant materials are highly desirable.
This talk will introduce the latest research activities in our group1-13), focusing on our challenges on the scientific and technological possibilities of nano-photocatalytic materials for solar fuel conversion as well as the environmental remediation offered by nanoarchitectonics of metal/semiconductor materials. Efforts to explore suitable materials and to optimize their energy band configurations for specific applications, and the design and fabrication of advanced nano-metal/semiconductor composite materials in the framework of nanotechnology will be introduced, taking examples of recent research progress on LSPR induced charge transfer and/or photothermal effect of nanometals on solar energy conversion. The current theoretical understanding of key aspects of photoactive materials, as well as the crucial issues that should be addressed in future research activities will also be introduced and discussed.
1) Z. Yi, J. Ye, N. Kikugawa, T. Kako, et al., Nature Mater. 9, 559-564 (2010).
2) S. Ouyang and J. Ye, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 7757-7763 (2011).
3) Y. Bi, S. Ouyang, N. Umezawa, J. Cao, J. Ye, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 6490-6492 (2011).
4) H. Tong, S. Ouyang, Y. Bi, N. Umezawa, M. Oshikiri, J. Ye, Adv. Mater., 24(2), 229-251 (2012).
5) S. Ouyang, H. Tong, N. Umezawa, J. Cao, P. Li, Y. Bi, Y. Zhang, J. Ye, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 134, 1974minus;1977 (2012).
6) G. Xi, S. Ouyang, P. Li, J.Ye, et al., Angew Chem Int. Ed., 51, 2395 -2399 (2012).
7) J. Guo, S. Ouyang, P. Li, Y. Zhang, T. Kako, and J. Ye, Appl. Catal. B: Environ., 134-135, 286-292 (2013).
8) H. Zhou, J. Guo, P. Li, J. Ye, et al., Scientific Reports, 3, 1667(2013).
9) L. Liu, S. Ouyang, J. Ye, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52, 6689-6693 (2013).
10) Kun Chang, Zongwei Mei, Tao Wang, Qing Kang, Jinhua Ye, et al., ACS Nano, 8(7), 7078-7087 (2014).
11) Tao Wang, Xianguang Meng, Jinhua Ye, et al., Nano Energy, 9, 50-60 (2014).
12) X. Meng, Tao Wang, Lequan Liu, Jinhua Ye, et al., Angew. Chem Int. Ed., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53, 11478-11482 (2014).
13) Lequan Liu, Hideki Abe, Jinhua Ye, et al., Adv. Funct. Mater. 24, 7754-7762 (2014).