MRS is a growing, vibrant, member-driven organization focused on broadening the impact of materials science and improving the quality of life. Our members are research professionals from industry, academia and government from around the world, and they choose MRS because it is important to their work and careers.
Dedicated to excellence and welcoming of diversity, MRS activities and programs are open to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual preference or national origin.
Join or renew your membership in MRS today and enjoy these valuable benefits:
FREE Electronic access to all MRS journals:
MRS Bulletin, now including the latest materials news and policy updates, multimedia functionality, built-in social feeds and more (Want a print subscription to MRS Bulletin? Order when you join or renew.)
Journal of Materials Research (JMR), with access to full-text articles from the Journal’s inception in January 1986 to the current issue (Want a print subscription to JMR? Order when you join or renew.)
MRS Communications, the electronic letters and prospectives journal
MRS Energy & Sustainability, focusing on key topics in materials research and development as they relate to energy and sustainability
MRS Advances, a peer-reviewed, online-only interdisciplinary journal featuring new and emerging research, particularly works in progress
MRS Online Proceedings Library Archive, with over 100,000 full-text proceedings papers archived from Volume 1 through the 2015 MRS Spring Meeting
- Substantial savings on MRS books and textbooks
- FREE listing in, and access to, the online MRS Member Directory
- First-to-know status for MRS meeting programs and calls for papers
- Discounted registration rates for MRS meetings and workshops
- Expanded career placement and professional development opportunities via MRS Career Central
- Student involvement in international MRS University Chapter activities
- MRS Awards Program, acknowledging outstanding professional contributions made by you and your colleagues
- Publishing venues including MRS Bulletin, JMR, MRS Advances, MRS Communications and MRS Energy & Sustainability
- MRS committee volunteer opportunities
- Public outreach and education opportunities, including Strange Matter, Women in Materials Science & Engineering and more.
In addition, MRS is expanding its professional development portfolio to better meet your career needs and to better serve the materials research community. These efforts include:
- Advocating for increased and sustained funding for the physical sciences
- Fostering outreach and science education for policy leader and the general public
- Promoting diversity and including in the scientific workforce
- Introducing prestigious new awards
- Collaborating with international partners on bilateral projects.